Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
This fantastic boat has been with our family for many years but is now ready for new adventures with a new crew. It has been out of the water for around 20 years and we are selling it AS IS so it might need a little love before getting it back in the water. This boat still has a lot left to give and would make a great tiny home or weekend getaway for a couple or family. This could be a great project for the winter to be ready for the season next year! Please see below for additional information and features.
- Upon delivery from Hunter’s production facilities, it was immediately protected with three coats of tar-epoxy water barrier, covering the entire hull to above the water line. From brand new, it has only sailed in the fresh waters of Lake Michigan.
- Fresh coat of VC-17 antifouling paint applied.
- Convenience coupled with sailing ease and performance:
--A freestanding super-strong aluminum mast, yet bendable enough to spill air toward the tip in heavy weather... plus stepped way forward toward the bow to open up the main salon yielding a much larger 36 foot boat’s typical interior space for below deck living comfort.
--The large mainsail provides well balanced power and drive to punch through waves.
--Roller-furling for ease of rolling out the jib
--The wing-keel allows close in exploration near shore at only 4’3” draft, yet when raked over for sailing efficiency it provides great upwind performance!
Along with Hunter’s overall engineering and design, there are many extras including the following:
- Dual, strength-upgraded life-lines, including opening side deck double gateways for easy pier access.
- Ground tackle that holds securely, plus “parking-hook” off the stern for temporary lunch breaks.
- The sail cover, conveniently zipped to the main, offers Sunbrella sun protection and captures the sail nicely to automatically flake the main in lazy jacks. The main raises easily from the cockpit, with converted Roberts sail-track guides.
- The cockpit is fully covered (when desired) in a Sunbrella complete weather protection “rear deck” to be enjoyed in port, or kept in place during sailing. All fabric pieces to the completely enclosed cockpit cover can be zipped in/out as wanted, giving traditional dodger only wind protection, or swing up the Bimini roof leaving sides open, or add complete side and rear full heavy weather protection and performance while still allowing full sailing visibility.
- The cockpit is fully fitted out with custom cushions, teak lunch table, and there are various brackets for barbecues, life-ring, anchor, etc.
- Auto-pilot self-steering
- Engine has upgraded battery performance with advanced metering and multi-stage charging, wired for five batteries, two paralleled starting batteries, plus three large house batteries (these may need to be replaced).
- Upgraded engine alternator to power battery reserve, run by a multi-stage voltage regulator/controller.
- The original well insulated “ice-box” is upgraded to compressor refrigeration, well within the battery capability.
- The Yanmar diesel power plant is a 27hp unit with low estimated engine hours (when both under sail and motoring hull speed is approximately 9 knots).
- The stuffing-box is a drip-less packing installation which keeps the bilge compartments dry. There are various anodes mounted to protect against stray current from negligent neighbor boats at piers.
- A battery charger is installed for charging when shore power is available.
- When on a mooring or at anchor there is a V-birth wind scoop through the forward deck hatch opening. There are two solar powered through-hatch vent-fans for ventilation, plus custom insect screens on all overhead hatches and side ports.
- Mast mounted TV antenna.
- Shower drains to a special separate bilge discharge unit.
We are including the custom trailer it is sitting on in the photos. This should make transport easy and expand your storage options. You can literally transport the boat all on your own. This is a Sailor’s Trailer unit able to be hauled by your van or pickup and allows launching / retrieving the boat using the two included tongue extensions to simply float her off the self-centering keel guides. You can launch yourself, or with a traditional crane. Mast is not currently installed so it is ready for transport.
Small dingy also included!
Please see some included Hunter Vision 32 brochure pictures and equipment lists further describing the boat and it’s features.