Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Northeast 400 by Mark Ellis|
|Location||Hilton Head Island, South Carolina|
|Beam||13 ft 9 in|
|Max Draft||4 ft 11 in|
|Dry Weight||21900 lb|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||1700|
|Fuel Tanks||75 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||110 gal|
|Holding Tanks||55 gal|
Sailavie's salon has a beautiful varnished teak table with dual folding leaves and storage that is removable. The port and starboard settees are as comfortable as they are functional and elegant, converting into two large single berths with individual reading lights. A large locker is placed under the starboard berth, convenient for bedding storage. Additional large storage openings are alongside each berth against the hull. The new matching curtains open easily, allowing tremendous light, ventilation, and view of your surroundings. Below the port berth are three lockers deal for dry and canned food storage and other items.
Forward to starboard is an extremely well-configured helm station with full instrumentation and controls. The helm seat has a drop-down bolster for standing or seated driving. There is a custom matching passenger seat to port. Side windows, center windshield, and overhead hatches create a free flow of air through the boat.
The master stateroom is forward with an island double bed, ample storage in cabinets, lockers, and under the bed. The teak appointments are high-quality joinery and beautifully finished. The master stateroom has its own access door to the head compartment.
Aft and to starboard of the master is the guest cabin smartly designed as an office/den space with additional storage and features, and the love seat converts to a berth. The settee converts to a berth.
The flooring is high-quality teak and holly throughout with various bilge access points.
Notable Exterior Features
- Doyle furling main and genoa NEW in 2019
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Anchor windlass with dual rollers and CQR & Fortress anchors
- Pilothouse with hardtop and dual sliding entry doors
- Cockpit and salon soles on one level
- Beautiful teak toe rail, handrails, and trim
- Ample hatches, opening ports, and windows
- Striking blue hull
- Fin keel with protected prop and skeg rudder
- Bow thruster with controls at both helm stations NEW in 2019
- Electric self-tailing primary winches
- Large cockpit awning with extension to the hardtop
- Large teak cockpit table with hinged side panels and storage
- Large SS destroyer cockpit steering wheel
- Full display of young electronics at the pedestal
- Transom door and swim platform
- Cockpit cushions
- Windshield wiper & windshield covers
Notable Interior Features
- The salon has a beautiful varnished teak table with dual folding leaves and storage that is removable. The port and stbd settees are as comfortable as they as functional and elegant converting into two large single berths with individual reading lights. A large locker is placed under the starboard berth, convenient for bedding storage. Additional large storage openings are alongside each berth against the hull. The new matching curtains open easily allowing tremendous light, ventilation, and view of your surroundings. Below the port, berth are three lockers with sliding wire containers ideal for dry and canned food storage, and other items.
- Comfortable and fast pilothouse performance motorsailer
- Large master stateroom forward with queen berth and ample lockers & storage
- Air conditioning NEW in 2019
- Refrigeration NEW in 2019
- Teak and holly cabin sole refinished in 2020
- Ample opening hatches, ports, and windows
- Guest stateroom with convertible berth and office space
- Large head with separate stall shower and storage
- Comfortable galley with good counter space, double SS sinks & stove/oven
- New refrigeration
- Hydraulic steering inside & out
- Plush helm seat and convertible salon sofas with storage
- Interior curtains
- Yanmar 100 hp direct drive diesel with 1,700 hrs
- Northern Lights 5 kW generator in sound shield with only 300 hrs.
- Inverter / charger
- Alternator replaced 2019
- 5 NEW batteries in 2017
- Large Simrad touch screen plotter / 4G radar at both helm stations (2012)
- Simrad wind, speed, and depth displays at both helm stations (2012)
- Simrad autopilot at both helm stations (2012)
- ICOM VHF radio
- AIS receiver/transmitter NEW in 2019
- Flat-screen TV NEW in 2018
- AM / FM CD Stereo
- Ritchie Globemaster compass
- Pedestal VHF radio
Market review and comment
Thomas A. Norton, Yacht Architect, wrote of this design, "She is perhaps 'the perfect motorsailer'". The layout is excellent for extended cruising and/or living aboard. Visibility from the inside helm is superior to most motorsailers, and access to the boat is made ridiculously easy thanks to a big door from which one enters the cockpit from the swim platform which is conveniently at the same level as the cockpit and pilothouse cabin sole. As Norton said, "I could have done it in a wheelchair.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. Hours listed may vary from actual hours due to recent use. Purchaser is encouraged to verify hours prior to purchase. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.