Presented For Sale By:
|Model||Holman & Pye 53|
|Location||Levington, Suffolk, United Kingdom|
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Beam||13 ft 10 in|
|Min. Draft||7 ft 6 in|
|Designer||Holman and Pye|
A custom built cruising ketch, the Holman and Pye 53 was based on the Bowman 49 by the same designers. This particular yacht was built for her first owner in 2001. The extended length allowing for the adaptation to ketch rig and useful addition of a transom locker. Purchased by her current owners in 2017, the yacht underwent a comprehensive pitstop prior to an Atlantic circuit. Full details are available in our sales particulars but highlights included new standing rigging, sails, engine overhaul and electronics. With the project successfully completed and the family back to work/school - the yacht is now offered for sale.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive She falls within the exemption watercraft built for own use, provided it is not subsequently placed on the Community market during a period of five years. The yacht was constructed by the first owner in 1999 and in his ownership for over 15 years prior to being purchased by the current owner.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid laminate GRP hull and deck.
- Teak laid deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- Bolted lead fin keel on GRP stub.
- Skeg hung rudder.
- New cabin floor laid in iroko.
- New sails (mainsail, genoa, mizzen) in woven dynema by One Sails.
- 19’ carbon pole, mast track & car (stowed vertically) + associated controls.
- All new standing rigging.
- New AIS (transmit and receive), GPS (Furuno) and VHF (iCom).
- Full engine overhaul inc new heat exchanger.
- New heads.
- New Ampair towed generator.
- Folding cockpit table.
- Rocna anchor.
- All new 24V deep cycle batteries.
- Various plumbing upgrades – better taps, shower, grey water tank.
- Antifouled last in Autumn 2019.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Perkins M92 90Hp.
- PRM gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – Circa 800 hours.
- Full engine overhaul Inc. new heat exchanger 2018.
- Cruising speed – approx. 7.5 knots @ 1800rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx. 11 knots @ 2800rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – approx. 5 litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – approx. 550 Nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 3 blade feathering prop.
- Stainless shaft with P Bracket.
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and shorepower.
- AC and DC switch panels at Nav. Station.
- Monitors for both DC and AC.
- 4 x 180Ah 24vDC engine start batteries joined in parallel to supply 720Ah @ 24vDC.
- Batteries new 2018.
- Victron 24V 40A charger and invertor.
- 50A Perkins alternator.
- 6 KVA EMI generator.
- Circa 300 hours.
- Full overhaul service 2018.
- 220v ring main with RCD protection sockets throughout.
- Ampair towed generator.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurized hot and cold system.
- 12v elect4ric bilge pump manual/automatic.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x 80 gallons /360 litres. Tank under aft cabin berth.
- 2 x integral GRP tanks 140gallons /636 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 1 tank on aft toilet 25 gallons /113 litres (unused).
- Danforth Pedastal compass.
- Raymarine I70 MFD, ST60 Wind, Speed and Depth.
- Raymarine Auto Pilot control.
At chart table:
- Furuno GPS.
- Furuno Radar.
- Icom DSC VHF.
- Twin stainless sinks
- Front loading Fridge with Freezer compartment.
- Top loading cool box.
- Manual Jabsco marine toilets in both fore and aft compartments.
- Separate shower stall with thermostatically controlled shower in aft compartment.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 4 x stainless dorade deck vents.
- Stainless Lewar and stainless opening portlights.
- 24 v deck head lighting throughout LED.
- Navigation lights, masthead tri-lantern and anchor light.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 5 Berths in 3 Cabins excluding the saloon.
- Solid teak and teak veneers throughout.
- Iroko cabin sole new 2018.
- Light Alcantra style upholstery.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Forward cabin offset double berth to port with ample hanging and cupboard stowage to Starboard and small seating area.
- Forward ensuite toilet compart with wash basin finished in white melamine and maple.
- Saloon U shaped seating port, saloon table with telescopic base cupboard and shelving outboard, bench seating starboard with cupboard and shelving.
- Good sized forward facing navigation table to starboard with instruments and electrical distribution panel.
- Companionway galley leading aft on port side with ample stowage, twin stainless sinks upper front loading fridge (with Ice compartment) top loading cool box. Double door access to engine to engine bay.
- Single cabin to star board aft of nav. station single lower berth (upper berth could be added) access aft toilet and shower compartment.
- Aft owners cabin, centre line double berth seating to port hanging stowage to port, cupboard and shelving to starboard and access to ensuite toilet and shower compartment.
CHERUBINO is ketch rigged with a 130% overlapping furling genoa (68sqm), a mainsail (44sqm) and mizzen (22sqm). In addition to these we carry a hanked staysail set on a detachable inner forestay. The staysail lives on deck in a full length bag. When running the genoa can be set to windward using an 18’ carbon pole which stores vertically on the mast. The main and mizzen hoist on nylon sliders and are long but not fully battened. Both have conventional slab reefing. We don’t carry a spinnaker, code zero or mizzen staysail.
- Mast head ketch rig with removable cutter stay.
- Carbon spinnaker pole 2018.
- Selden rod kicker on main boom.
- Schaefer head sail furling.
- Conventional slab reefing main sail and mizzen.
- Standing Rigging new 2018.
- Dynema check stays.
- Halyard jammers on masts.
- Half halyard on genoa.
- Custom stainless blocks.
- 16 Lewmar winches mainly self-tailing.
- Mainsail, genoa, mizzen) in woven dyneema by One Sails 2018.
- Genoa in woven dyneema by One Sails 2018.
- Mizzen) in woven dyneema by One Sails 2018.
- Stay sail in deck bag.
- Stainless push pit and pulpits.
- Stainless stanchion with triple guard wires.
- Mid ship gates port and starboard.
- 6 x substantial mooring cleat.
- Larger locker on aft deck.
- Large foredeck locker.
- Stainless crash bars on dorade vents.
- Steering pedestal with Danforth compass Stainless grad rail and folding teak table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Rocna Anchor on 90m of chain.
- Chain stopper.
- Double bow roller.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Light tan Spray hood.
- Boom covers.
- Harbour awning.
Tender & Outboard:
- Teak outboard bracket.
- 2 x Horse shoe, Epirb, Jonbuoy.
- Internal engine room automatic extinguisher.
- Two power extinguishers plus fire blanket in galley.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.