Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Szczecin , Poland|
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|LOA||53 ft 6 in|
|Length at Water Line||45 ft 3 in|
|Beam||15 ft 11 in|
|Max Draft||8 ft 2 in|
|Min. Draft||3 ft 11 in|
|Engine Make||MAN Nani|
|Engine Model||4.440 E|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||1860 liters|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1200 liters|
Built to go to the ice and fitted out as such. OPERON is the ultimate 4x4 sailing yacht with hugely practical lift keel and bullet-proof aluminium construction. For those planning a North West Passage adventure, look no further!
*** BRING ALL OFFERS. MUST BE SOLD ***
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
In terms of her specification, OPERON ticks all the boxes for serious cold climates expedition cruising, most notably:-
- Ice-ready insulated aluminium hull with centreboard
- Cork-covered decks for low maintenance and traction in ice
- Simple aluminium rig with fully-battened mainsail, furling genoa and self-tacking staysail
- Lewmar self-tailing winch package
- High-spec Incidence Sails mainsail and genoa
- Powerful MAN Nani 100hp diesel engine with huge fuel tankage
- Recently replaced diesel generator
- Upgraded battery banks with 12v and 24v systems plus inverters
- Eberspacher Hydronic heating system
- Wind generator
- Updated navigation instrument plus SSB and Iridium Sat-coms
- Luxurious 3-cabin, 2-heads interior layout
- Washing machine
- Fridge and freezers
OPERON is a 17m expedition yacht built in the Garcia Passoa shipyard in France from light aluminum. Her hull has been adapted for sailing in the ice and the toughest possible conditions. Her interior gives a sense of warmth, asylum and luxury - strongly contrasting with the difficult regions in which she sails.
Having circumnavigated Antarctica non-stop, she has sailed through the Pacific and the Atlantic to Arctic waters, arriving in 2010. Since then, she has cruised around the Atlantic, North Sea, Baltic, on the inland waters of Russia, the White Sea and the Barents Sea and along the shores of Norway.
OPERON’s special hull design is intended for navigation in ice allows to reduce the draft and safely lift the yacht to the ice floes after lifting the hinged ballast. THer deck is covered with a non-slip layer made of a natural cork, which ensures traction even when ice and snow. Life-ropes are stretched across the deck to ensure safety when moving around on the deck. Her fuel tankage is huge and is enough for 1,500 nautical miles under power or for half a month of heating the interior using the Eberspracher Hydronic heating system.
For 40 years, Garcia Yachting has been a reference in the custom-yacht world. There are more than 300 Garcia yachts, cruising all over the world, from the Arctic to the Antarctic.
Garcia Yachting’s experience is second to none in the construction of custom 50 to 115 feet luxury aluminium sailing yachts. These exclusive handmade yachts represent the top of the range of the French yachting industry.
Internationally recognized for the quality of their metal and woodwork, the experience and craftsmanship of the Garcia Yachting team will make your dreams come true.
The story continues. In 2010, Garcia Yachting joined forces with Allures Yachting and Outremer Yachting to create the Grand Large Yachting group of companies- the leading expert in blue ocean yachting. Garcia Yachting is the perfect complement to Allures and Outremer - bringing its prestigious know-how while also enjoying the benefits of new highly efficient industrials processes.
- Our understanding is that the vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and meets Category A requirements for CE Certification
Hull and deck Construction:
- Light alloy construction following Mavrikios design.
- Hull insulation.
- Longitudinal and transversal aluminium structure
- Topsides painted dark blue - 2010
- Light alloy deck and superstructure construction.
- Anti-slip natural cork deck covering – 2010
- Superstructure painted white – 2010
- Forepeak position for fitment of bowthruster (not fitted)
Keel & Rudder:
- Aluminium centreboard controlled by line to winch.
- Twin hung rudders.
- Central skeg providing full protection for propeller and allowing for the boat to triangulate when dried out.
Engine & gearbox:
- MAN Nani 4.440 E 100hp diesel engine – overhauled 2010
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- ZF Hurth shaft drive gearbox – replaced 2010
- Single lever gear/throttle control
Propulsion & Steering:
- 4-bladed fixed propeller
- Twin rudders connected to single helm wheel in cockpit
- 12vDC and 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower, generator or inverters
- 12vDC engine start battery
- 12vDC generator start battery
- 24vDC service battery bank
- 5x 185Ah batteries replaced 2016
- 12vDC 115Ah engine mounted marine alternator
- Beta Marine 220vAC 7kva generator – 2016
- Ampair 100 Pacific wind generator - 2010
- 3x 12vDC/220vAC inverters
- 100Amp 220vAC battery charger - 2016
- 220vAC shorepower system with cable and RCD
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pumps
- Hot water supplied via engine calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element in well-insulated hot water tank
- Selmar reverse-osmosis watermaker
- Johnson 7,200 litre per hour electric bilge pump
- Rule 1100 4,100 litre per hour electric bilge pump
- Manual bilge pump
- 1,860 litres fuel capacity
- 1,200 litres fresh water capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Furuno MavNax 3D 8/4” chart plotter - 2010
- Furuno 2kw digital radar scanner - 2010
- Laptop PC with Maxsea 3D chart software
- Raymarine wind, speed and depth transducers
- Navicontrol AP103/250W Autopilot connected to Lecomble & Schmitt hydraulic drive – 2010
- Class-A AIS receiver
- Ritchie Steering compass
- Cobra VHF with DSC - 2010
- Icom ICM-700 SSB with tuning box for antenna
- Iridium satellite telephone with external antenna – 2010
- Ethernet hub
- Force 10 gas stove with oven
- Isotherm refrigerator
- Isotherm freezer
- Twin stainless steel sink with pressurised hot & cold water supplies
- Manual salt water supply to galley
- Washing machine
- 2x manual marine toilets
- Pressurised hot & cold showers in both heads
- Eberspacher Hydronic M10 water-based diesel-fired hot air cabin heating system - 2010
- CD/Radio with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 8 berths in 3 cabins plus saloon.
- Teak and holly floors
- Wood joinery throughout
- Cloth upholstery
Accommodation layout from Forward:
- Owner bathroom in forepeak. Very spacious and equipped with a sink, a WC with an electric pump and a large separate shower cubicle , as well as various wardrobes.
- Owner cabin equipped with a large double bed, a large sofa that can become comfortable berth. The cabin is equipped with large wardrobes and drawers.
- Large saloon to port with deep u-shaped sofas can comfortably accommodate 8 people around a 85cmX150cm table.
- Well equipped galley opposite saloon to starboard with 3m worktop, stove, fridge and feeezer.
- Chart table aft of the galley to starboard with forward-facing chart table and seat.
- Day heads opposite to port with manual marine heads and shower.
- Twin double aft cabins with hanging lockers and sofa spaces.
- Sparcraft aluminium alloy anodised spars
- Deck-stepped mast with 3-sets of spreaders and masthead-rigged
- 1x19 stainless steel wire standing rigging – Shrouds replaced 2013, forestay replaced 2010, backstays are original.
- Rigging screw protectors
- Twin insulated backstays
- Adjustable mainsheet track on structural sprayhood arch
- Antal mast track for batten-cars - 2010
- Profurl 42 genoa furler
- Facnor staysail furler – 2010
- Self-tacking track for staysail
- Sparcraft rigid boom vang
- Stackpack with lazyjacks
- Twin spinnaker poles for booming out genoa – vertically mast-stowed
- 2x Lewmar 66ST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches in cockpit
- 2x Lewmar 48ST 2-speed self-tailing secondary winches in cockpit
- 2x Lewmar 2-speed self-tailing control line winches (50ST and 48ST) at companionway
- 2x Lewmar 2-speed self-tailing mast halyard winches
- 1x Lewmar 2-speed self-tailing mast reefing winch
- Incidence Sails fully-battened mainsail DC/Kevlar/resin - 2010
- Spare Dacron fully-battened mainsail
- Incidence Sails 150% furling genoa - 2010
- 120% genoa
- Furling staysail
- Solent jib
- Storm jib
- Aluminium stanchions with stainless steel wire guardwires
- Aluminium mast pulpits
- Structural aluminium arch to support sprayhood and mainsheet track
- Structural aluminium transom arch with integral tender davit plus antenna and wind generator mounting.
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lewmar electric anchor windlass
- Anchor and chain
- Various warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Stackpack mainsail cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.