Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|LOA||50 ft 9 in|
|Length at Water Line||45 ft 5 in|
|Beam||14 ft 8 in|
|Max Draft||7 ft 7 in|
|Min. Draft||7 ft 7 in|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||5962|
|Designer||Bruce Farr/ Armel Briand|
|Fuel Tanks||2 x 250 liters|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1000 liters|
|Holding Tanks||30 liters|
**HUGE INVENTORY - ENGINE UPGRADE TO 100HP - DEEP KEEL -TALL RIG**
This 2002 Beneteau 50 -'Faraway' is TAX PAID and privately owned. She is the ideal Blue Water family cruiser already tried and tested on a number of Atlantic crossings and comes with an abundance of important equipment making her ready for her next adventure.
Her current owner who has kept her maintained for the purpose of traveling the world but who has now reluctantly been forced to change his plans and part with her. This is s superb opportunity for someone wishing to take up that dream with a spacious and capable cruiser that is ready to go.
We now welcome all serious enquiries and viewing requests.
- 'Faraway' sleeps 12 in five cabins and the saloon as follows:
Two double berth aft cabins with ensuite heads compartments (shower, wash basin, toilet)
- Two forward 2-berth cabins with ensuite head compartment in one, with the option to convert them into a single master cabin.
- One 2-berth crew cabin with basin and toilet (electric) in forecastle
- Saloon with table that can be lowered to make two additional berths.
- Eberspacher D7 Airtronic diesel heating system to saloon and all cabins including crew cabin/forecastle
- Cherry stained mahogany interior joinery. New upholstery in saloon 2013 and new Forbo
- Flotex floor carpet in horizon blue 2015
'Faraway' has a fully equipped galley as follows:
- Gas Cooker – 3 burners with oven and grill from 2010, overhauled in 2015
- Fridge (DC) with two shelves, fruit/veg basket and Icebox
- Webasto 130l 12v fridge under saloon table
- Freezer (engine driven compressor with -11°C eutectic plate)
- Double Stainless Steel Sink with hot and cold tap
- Fresh Water and salt water foot pump to galley sink
- Fridge/Freezer Drain Foot Pump
FULL INFORMATION AND INVENTORY
- Below waterline: solid polyester reinforced fiberglass
- Topsides: vertical grain balsa core sandwich in white.
- Teak laid decks and cockpit – professionally serviced and protected with SemCo in March 2009, and with HEMPEL in June 2013..
- Hung rudder with composite stock.
- Two s/s leather sheathed steering wheels, diameter 80cm (New leather April 2016)
BERMUDAN SLOOP RIG
- Sparcraft triple spreader performance rig (painted white)
- Sparcraft boom - (painted white)
- Spinnaker pole - stowed on mast
- Pneumatic vang with 4:1 tensioner
- Collapsible/removable main stackpack with lazyjacks
- Profurl furler and twin track foil
- Stainless steel standing rigging – all replaced July 2010
- Removable inner forestay with tensioner
- Permanent babystay
- Twin backstays,two capshrouds, six diagonals, check-stays with 4-1 tackle
- 4:1 Cunningham October 2016
- Reefing Strop
- Main Sheet (new July 2015)
- Genoa Sheets – (new July 2015)
- Storm Jib and No.3 Blade Jib Sheets
- Spinnaker/Asymmetric Sheets ( 2010)
- Car Position Control Lines
- Main Traveller Position Control Lines
- Three Reefing Lines
- Main Outhaul
- Tack Line/Pole Down and Pole-Up Halyard
- Two Genoa Halyards, one Spinnaker/Asymmetric Halyard, two Main Halyards
- Genoa Furling Line ( 2009)
- Rope Snubber
- Deck, Mast and Cockpit Jammers
- Tracks & Cars
- Genoa Tracks with twin Cars, stops and pull-forwards
- Inner Tracks with one Car for No.3 Blade and Storm Jib
- Main Sheet Traveller
- Removable Spinnaker/Asymmetric Blocks
- Stainless Steel safety/protection bars either side of mast, and around forward hatches
- Mast steps up to first spreader: 14 steps in SS 316e - May 2016
- Two Lewmar 66ST Sheet Winches
- One Lewmar 40ST Halyard Winch
- One Lewmar 40ST Electric Halyard Winch
- YANMAR 4JH3-HTE TURBOCHARGED 100HP DIESEL ENGINE
- Shaft drive to 3-blade automatic feathering MaxProp (2006)
- Engine compartment blower, light and automatic fire extinguisher
- Hours 5692hours
- Fully battened dacron mainsail by Sail Service Gdansk Poland - October 2016
- Genoa 1: Dacron by Sail Service Gdansk Poland - November 2016
- Genoa 2: 130% CXG by Owens (2006 – good condition, reinforced tack/head/clue attachments. New UVstrips Jan 09)
- Blade: Dacron (2004 – excellent condition, little use)
- Storm Jib: Dacron (2003 – very good condition, little use)
- House: 3x 145Ah BOSCH ( April 2016)
- Engine: 1 x 120Ah BOSCH ( April 2016)
- Generator: 1 x 120Ah BOSCH (June 2016)
- Wind generator
- All interior lights upgraded to LED’s.
- Charging sources: STERLING MARINE 40A alternator, powered by the main engine (January 2017)
- Monitoring and control: Sterling Universal Pro Digital alternator regulator, complete with temperature sensors on batteries and alternators ( Sept 2008)
- BEP Marine DCM600 three channel digital battery monitor with Ah charge/discharge monitor and alarms
- Analogue meter for DC Volts (house and engine banks) and main switchboard DC current
- Analogue meter for AC Volts with reverse polarity indicator.
- Nine 240V sockets + Six 12V sockets.
- Shore power cable 25m with a range of connector 220V European.
- ELTA 30 kg (2010 galvanized ) + 80meters of 10mm zincum chain + 30m line anchor (2015).
- BRUCE 30kg galvanized.
- DANFORTH- ALU 15kg + 15m chain zincum 10mm + 30m anchor line 18mm.
- LOFRANS TIGER 1500W windlass ( September 2014).
- Raymarine networked instruments:
- Master Chart Plotter E120
- Port steering wheel repeater E80 (July2010)
- In cockpit: displays ST80 – complete.
- RAYMARINE radar 24 inch, 4kW digital scanner (2010).
- RAYMARINE AIS 500 Class B (June 2010).
- RAYMARINE AUTOPILOT ST 6001 with ST 400G course computer (with yaw sensor) and hydraulic actuator
- Fixed GPS: RAYMARINE networked GPS receiver.
- NAVTEX: ICS-Nav6 integrated with instruments network (2006)
- RAYMIC repeater - DSC VHF at starboard helm with full function ( June 2016)
- PLASTIMO fixed compasses at each helm position (adjusted 2010).
- PLASTIMO handheld compass with light at chart table.
- KANNAD FR 408Hz EPIRB with GPS ( May 2017, new battery ).
- EUROVINYL 8 PERSONS OFFSHORE liferaft - Pack A over 24hours ( November 2016).
- Echomax 230 radar reflector on mast (2008).
- Spare radar reflector (2008).
- V-tronic Hawk masthead VHF wind indicator (April2010).
- Emergency VHF Aerial with cable (Oct 2008).
- Telescopic Danbuoy with light and flag ( Nov 2016).
- Two horseshoe lifebuoy with lights, whistles and drogues + 30m throwing line (Nov 2016)
- Guard rails replaced and upgraded June 2010.
- Deck jackstays and 5 harness attachment points in cockpit ( July 2010).
- Fire extinguishers: 3 x 2kg, etc ( 2016).
- Bilge pumps: 2 x electric + 2 x manual Gusher 120L/min.
- Anchor ball and motoring triangle.
- MOBIMAT recovery system (July 2010).
- JVC 22 inch 12 Volt TV with integrated DVD in saloon, iPOD FM interface + saloon and cockpit BOSE waterproof speakers.
- GRUNDIG GU19WDVDT 19 inch LCD 12 Volt TV with integrated in port forward master cabin.
- Removable Mahogany cockpit table with cover.
- Swim ladder.
- Dinghy: EUROVINYL L=330cm ( 4 persons) 2016 + TOHATSU 4 HP Four Stroke (Sept 2015).
- ALU gangway L=260cm – May 2015 (as extra, optional).
- Digital water usage meter.
- Full set of equipment manuals (hardcopy and PDF files on USB stick).
- Various warps and mooring lines, different size fenders – total 8.
- Five gas bottles (replaceable) 3 kg Butane (Med area use).
- 2 solar panels (not fitted)
- Magma Bbq
A large range of spares and tools are onboard, including spare PROFURL headsail furler, manual toilet overhaul kit, engine and genset fuel and oil filters and spares, excitation capacitors for genset, winch grease, bosun chair, electrical tools and spares, some tools including main engine toolkit.
UPDATE: 4 November 2019
Bow thruster: Yes she does have a bow thruster.
Generator: There is no generator but the pluming etc is all there ready to take a Fisher Panda unit which can be bought for €3500. There was one prior to the current owner buying the boat but it was removed for repair and never replaced.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.