Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Merritt Island, Florida|
|LOA||38 ft 2 in|
|Length at Water Line||39 ft 4 in|
|Beam||12 ft 1 in|
|Max Draft||5 ft|
|Engine usage (hours)||700|
|Fuel Tanks||35 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||75 gal|
|Holding Tanks||34 gal|
If you're looking for a sweet sailing midsize cruiser with maximum space and amenities, then look no further. The Hunter 380 offers more of everything on a sturdily constructed Glenn Henderson designed hull with a sleek and stylish profile.
“Gaucho” is an excellent example of the popular Hunter 38. A sailboat designed by the people who understand their customers better than any manufacturer in the business. The Hunter 380 features beautiful amenities throughout the cabin such as, 6'6" headroom, plenty of seating area, privacy with two separate cabins, large user friendly galley, comfortable navigation station and outside amenities such as a huge cockpit, nice side decks, walk through transom, hot/cold fresh water shower and most important sailing performance. You don't have to sacrifice a great day of sailing to accommodate guests comfortably. You don't have to sacrifice style to gain comfort. Yes, Hunter understands what their customers want and they delivered in this H380.
The fractional sailplane delivers power without perspiration to the stable and easily driven hull shape for outstanding performance and maneuverability. The cockpit features a Plastiteak nonskid surface and a solid, direct drive steering system that provides fingertip control. An especially nice touch is a pair of dual stern rail seats. The "best seats in the house" are fully integrated into the cockpit design and firmly connected to the stainless cockpit Traveler Arch. A Hunter trademark feature, the cockpit Traveler Arch reduces mainsheet load and places the traveler controls within easy reach of the helm. A wide beam and strategic placement of the mast compression post open the salon to immense proportions for a 38 footer. The forward facing nav station and expansive galley loaded with storage space distinguish the Hunter 380 as a boat without compromise on interior comforts.
The aft stateroom spans the entire width of the boat providing room for dual hanging lockers, drop-in storage, dressing seats on both sides and private access to the head compartment. Forward, your crew will appreciate a cabin that has lots of space to move around and organize their personal gear. As with all Hunters, quality components and easy systems access reduce maintenance time so you can relax. This Hunter 380 is a professionally maintained and ready to cruise.
The Hunter 38 features an oversized athwart Owner's cabin aft and large Guest Stateroom forward with a V-Berth. Both cabins have the optional inner spring mattresses.
The single head is to port of the companionway and the galley to starboard. The large main salon has a convertible table (with removable leaf) and a comfortable settee. The navigation station is roomy and would make an ideal location for your laptop. The opening hatches have Ocean Air sliding shade/screens.The entire cabin is cooled/heated with dual MarineAire A/C systems. One for the salon/forward cabin and one specifically for the aft cabin.
The entertainment system is an upgraded BOSE stereo/CD/DVD below and a separate stereo/CD player with speakers located directly above the helm in the cockpit.
A wide beam and strategic placement of the mast compression post open the salon to immense proportions for a 38 footer.
The galley has real Corian counter tops and a double stainless steel sink. The Norcold refrigerator is front-opening so that there is no need clear the counter to retrieve items. There is a 2-burner LPG Force 10 gimbaled stove with oven and an installed microwave. The boat comes with complete galley ware and service for 8.
- Corian countertops with teak fiddles
- Two burner LPG stove with/oven
- Front opening S/S refrigeration (new 2018)
- Front opening S/S freezer
- Microwave oven
- Double S/S sinks
- Single lever pull-out faucet
- Hot/cold pressure water system
- Built-in dish dish storage cabinet with blower and light
- Acrylic counter top splash guard
The aft stateroom spans the entire width of the boat providing room for dual hanging lockers, drop-in storage, dressing seats on both sides and private access to the head compartment.
Hull and Deck
The ground tackle consists of a 35 pound Plow anchor with 150' 5/8 chain and a Simpson-Lawrence electric windlass. The cockpit cushions and bimini with a full enclosure were replaced in 2014. There is a walk thru transom with hot/cold deck shower and swim ladder. The helm has the optional Lewmar folding leather wheel. This Hunter 380 also features a custom stainless steel dinghy davit system.
- Anchor Well for Rode and Chain
- Anchor Rollers, Dual Offset
- Balanced Spade Rudder
- (6) Stainless Steel Bow, Stern and Spring Cleats
- Bronze Seacocks with Thru-Hulls Below Waterline
- Cabin Windshield
- Balsa-Cored Hull Sides, Solid FRP Bottom and Structural Grid Reinforcement
- Dorade Vent
- Double Lifelines with 3 Gates
- (2) Fixed Hull Ports
- Keel, Shoal Draft Bulb Wing, Antimonious Lead
- LPG Tank Storage for 2 Bottles
- (5) Opening Deck Hatches with Screens
- (6) Opening Ports with Screens
- 360 Rubrail with Stainless Steel Insert
- Maxguard Gelcoats for UV Protection
- HKT Kevlar Hull Reinforcement
- Flexiteek Inserts on Cockpit Seats
- Molded-In Nonskid Walking Surfaces
- Stainless Steel Bow Pulpit
- Stainless Stern Rail with Seats and Drink Holders
- Stainless Steel Cockpit Arch with Traveler
- Stainless Steel Telescoping Ladder
- Stainless Steel Stem Fitting
- Through-Bolted Hull/Deck Joint
- Two Transom Storage Lockers
Sails and Rigging
The rig is the standard B&R mast made by Selden with a in-mast furling mainsail. The head sail is a 110% furling jib on the Furlex furler. All lines run aft to the cockpit sheet stoppers and there is an electric winch on the starboard aft cabin top. The halyard winches are Lewmar 40's and the jib sheet winches are Lewmar 44's. The mainsheet traveler is mounted over the cockpit on the trademark Hunter cockpit arch.
This Hunter 38 has a full Raymarine electronics package including:
- Raymarine C120
- ST-7001 autopilot
- ST-60 wind indicator
- ST-60 depth
- ST-60 speed
- All mounted in an extended Navpod at the helm
- Icom VHF at the navigation station with a remote RAM mic at the helm
- Fisher Panda Generator with only 378 hours
- 110 volt shore power with (2) 50 foot cables
- Inverter 2kW to provide 110 volt power from 12 volt system
- Extra house battery (2x6V) plus cable for dedicated start (4 house batteries and 1 starter battery)
- Electric Engine Oil Removal System
- AC/ DC Switch Panel
- FM/FM Stereo/CD Player with (2) Speakers
- 60 Amp Alternator
- Battery Charger 30 Amp
- Cabin Reading Lights
- Dockside Power with Cord
- Dual 12-Volt Battery Switches
- Electric Automatic Bilge Pump
- 5 Gallon (19 L) Electric Water Heater
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water System
- Navigation Light Package
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Yanmar 3JH4E, 40hp diesel engine, FWC
- Engine panel with alarms and hour meter
- Racor fuel/water separator (dual)
- Automatic fire extinguishing system
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Electric bilge pump with automatic float switch
- Manual bilge pump
- Holding tank with macerator pump, dockside pump out
- Water heater
- Hot/cold pressure water throughout
You will not find a nicer 380 on the market. Come take a look before she is gone.
- Brand NEW Galvanized ROCNA 20 lbs. Anchor
- New Bottom Job done in July 2018
- NEW AGM House Batteries (6)
- NEW Starting Battery
- In Mast Furling Main
- 5' Shoal Draft
- 3 Solar Panels
- Air Conditioning
- Dinghy Davits
- Reverse Cycle Heat/Air Conditioning
- Aluminum Boom Vang
- Dodger, Bimini, Full Enclosure
- Bottom Paint
- Electric Anchor Windlass
- Engine Upgrade to 40hp (29.6kw)
- Epoxy Barrier Coat
- Extended Wheel Guard with Large Instrument Pod
- 15" Flat Panel TV with Bose 3.2.1 Entertainment System
- High Bilge Water Alarm and Pump
- In-Mast Furling System with Rigid Vang
- Innerspring Mattress
- Quiet Flush Head
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.