Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|Length at Water Line||61 ft 4 in|
|Beam||19 ft 2 in|
|Max Draft||10 ft|
|Min. Draft||10 ft|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine Model||D7 - TA|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Designer||Van Dam Nordia / Robin Ten Hoope|
|Builder||Van Dam Nordia /Dokar Yachts|
The newest of the Robin Ten Hoope and Van Dam Nordia Performance Cruiser 70 designs. Lightly used and fully-specced. Priced at a substantial saving over a comparable new build project cost.
PRELIMINARY DETAILS – Full information to follow in due course.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
From the legendary Van Dam Nordia stable and with design by Robin Ten Toope, VAYU is an ‘as new’ example of the Performance Cruiser (PC) 70 design, constructed in the Netherlands and completed by Dokar Yachts in Turkey.
Her specification highlights include:-
• Aluminium, hull deck and superstructure
• Teak laid decks
• Volvo D-7 265hp engine with shaft drive
• Aluminium rig with Park Avenue boom
• Doyle laminate sail wardrobe
• Powered winches
• Onan 17kw generator
• Structural bimini with solar panels
• Raymarine electronics package
• 3 double guest cabins plus twin crew cabin
• Raised deck saloon profile
• Teak interior joinery
Awaiting her first beneficial owner, VAYU is priced to offer a substantial saving over a new custom build project and is offered for sale exclusive of VAT and with a Jersey flag for maximum market flexibility.
VAYU is a Nordia 70 PC that has been customised and finished by Dokar Yachts in Istanbul. She has all the characteristics of a true Nordia. Strong, elegant and luxurious, but now with the introduction of a new ingredient… Performance!
Although there has never been any complaint about the performance of a Nordia, Van Dam have had a long-held desire for a yacht with sleeker lines, a more aggressive design and sharper handling characteristics.
Since Nordia Owners are known for their appetite for long distance sailing, they have placed the emphasis on the concept of cruising. Sailing VAYU, a Performance Cruiser is not designed to be a nervous, bone shaking experience. VAYU is a Grand Tourer in its purest form.
• The yacht is built to CE Boat Category A-ocean
• Aluminium hull construction.
• Light grey painted topsides.
• Opening transom/swim platform giving access to tender garage (with hydraulic mechanism).
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Aluminium deck and superstructure construction.
• White painted coachroof and superstructure.
• Raised deck saloon profile.
• Teak laid side decks, cockpit and bathing platform.
Keel & Rudder:
• Encapsulated aluminium stub with lead bulb bolted
• Single rudder blade.
• Emergency tiller.
Engine & gearbox:
• Volvo D7 TA 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine producing 265hp
• Noise insulated engine compartment.
• Engine control panel in cockpit on starboard steering station.
• Electronic throttle/gear control.
• Hydraulic gearbox
• Fresh water engine cooling system with heat exchanger.
Service & Maintenance:
• Engine hours – approx. tbc as of Summer 2020
• Date of last engine service – tbc
Propulsion & Steering:
• 3 bladed folding propeller
• Tunnel bowthruster
• 2 Steering pedestals with pods for navigation equipment
• Hide covered stainless steel wheels
• 24vDC primary domestic system with and 230v AC via shorepower, generators or inverters
• 24vDC service battery banks
Charging / Inverter:
• Battery chargers and inverters
• Onan 17kw generator
• Generator hours – approx. tbc as of Summer 2020
• Date of last generator service – tbc
• 24vDC alternator on engine
• Solar panels on structural bimini
• 230vAC shore power system
• 24vDC/12vDC converters
• Circuit breakers with automatic fuses and indicator lamps for all individual circuits.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
• 24vDC pressure system
• Hot water supplied via engine cooling with calorifier or via 230vAC immersion heater element from shore power or generator
• Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads, showers and cockpit shower
• Fresh water dock inlet
• Reverse osmosis watermaker
• Watermaker serviced tbc
• Electric bilge pumps
• Manual bilge pump
• Deckwash pump
• Approx tbc litres fuel capacity
• Fuel filtration system
• Approx. tbc litres fresh water capacity
• Holding tanks for heads
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
• Raymarine Wind, speed and depth transducers
• Raymarine Radar and chart plotter systems
• Raymarine Autopilot
• Steering compasses
• VHF with DSC
• Twin stainless steel sinks with single lever mixing tap.
• 220vAC electric stove and oven
• Extractor fan
• Fridge and freezers
• Electric freshwater heads
• Heads shower with automatic temperature control and electric pump out
Heating & Ventilation:
• Air-conditioning system throughout
• LCD TV system in main saloon and primary cabins
• Stereo system with speakers
Other Domestic Equipment:
Summary of Accommodation:
• Three cabin, 4-heads layout with master cabin aft and two forward double guest cabins. Twin crew cabin with ensuite heads forward.
• Teak interior joinery
• Pale blue cloth and tan leather upholstery
• White vinyl headlinings
• Corian and marble counters in galley and heads
• Skyscreens with mosquito blinds
• White painted aluminium mast
• Keel-stepped mast with 4-sets of swept-back spreaders
• Park Avenue boom – white painted
• Stainless steel rod standing rigging
• Genoa furler
• Fully-battened mainsail system
• Hydraulic twin backstay adjusters
• Hydraulic rod vang
• Self-tailing winch package with 6x winches in cockpit and further winches adjacent to mast.
• Winches powered where required.
• Doyle laminate fully-battened mainsail – 125.7sqm
• Doyle laminate furling genoa – 103.7sqm
• Stainless pulpit and pushpit.
• Mid ship gates.
• Stern boarding ladder
• Height adjustable teak cockpit table
• Seawater deck wash
• Folding passarelle
• Hydraulic tender garage door with remote control
• Radar post at transom
Anchoring & Mooring:
• Reversing anchor windlass with remote control
• Anchor with chain
• Mooring and spring cleats
• Fore and aft mooring lines
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
• Structural bimini arrangement over guest cockpit area
• Cockpit cushions
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Grabau International (London) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (London) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.